Acne can be quite annoying, as no one likes blemishes on skin that is otherwise perfect. No matter how many silent prayers of hope you send towards the department of acne control, it is certain that unruly acne breakouts will definitely appear before an important event out of the blue. However, there is a lot more to those pesky breakouts than what meets the eye! A great lesser-known fact is that there is a reason why acne sprouts up in specific areas of your face. And that is exactly how acne face mapping came into play! Acne face mapping can actually help you figure out why you’ve been breaking out a lot lately in those certain areas of your face.
You might be doing everything right and consistently following a healthy skincare regime, but all of that would be useless if you are unable to treat the root cause of your problem. Here is an acne face mapping guide that will help you interpret what those pesky breakouts have been trying to tell you for the longest of time!
Acne Face Mapping is the Secret to Stopping Those Breakouts in Their Tracks
You may be surprised to learn that various doctors use the acne face mapping method to identify medical and health-related issues with their patients. Acne face mapping is basically an ancient Ayurveda technique that helps in ruling out internal problems by looking at where the acne is occurring. When you have problems within the internal organs of your body, it can appear on your face in the form of acne. The right treatment can only be provided once an accurate evaluation has been made.
Therefore, we have compiled an excellent guide that can help you in analyzing the cause of your acne, leading you towards the root cause of your problem. Here are some of the main acne problem areas:
Acne Along Your Hairline
This type of acne is the absolute worst. Now, why do we get hairline acne? The buildup of sweat and natural oils on your forehead and your hair styling products are mostly responsible for your hairline acne. There are various ingredients in hair care products that can clog your pores by sticking to your hair and then settling in on the surface of your skin. This clogging of pores will then lead towards acne or other skin related issues. Here is how you can treat your hairline acne:
- Find out whether you have dry or oily skin before using any product in order to prevent it from irritating your scalp.
- Keep your hair clean and pay attention to your hygiene by washing your hair often.
- Avoid the excessive use of hair styling products with wax and promade that will find its way to your scalp and cause breakouts.
- Don’t touch the affected area and avoid wearing any headpieces like hats and caps or headwear that will aggravate the situation.
- Don’t go for shampoos and conditioners that contain scalp-damaging chemicals or ingredients that won’t suit your skin.
- Use oil-free and less dense products that won’t stick to your scalp and cause bacteria build-up or oil retention.
- Ask your doctor to prescribe you an anti-acne medication if the problem gets worse.
Acne on Your Cheeks
So, are your beautiful cheeks hiding beneath the wicked cloak of acne? Through the acne face mapping method, we've come to know that acne on the cheeks occurs when your skin comes into contact with polluted air, bacteria such as E coli or dirt. The air around us has grown massively polluted with the fumes produced by various factories and chemical plants. When the skin comes into contact with this polluted air, it causes acne. Similarly, your cellphone and bed sheets can be the reason behind your acne, as they carry various types of germs and bacteria that transfer onto your skin leading towards acne. If you are regularly getting breakouts on your cheeks, here are a few tips:
- Use clean sheets and pillowcases and wash your sheets regularly with a detergent that is free from fragrances and harsh chemicals.
- Disinfectant wipes can get rid of any bacteria or germs on your cellphone so wipe your phone clean before using it.
- Clean your hands and make sure they are not dirty before touching your face.
- Cut down on your sugar intake because that can also lead to pimples on cheeks.
Acne Along Your Jawline or on Your Chin
In agreement with the acne face mapping guide, acne on your jawline or chin is most probably due to hormonal issues and imbalances. Hormonal imbalances due to various reasons like menstruation, menopause, puberty, pregnancy, etc., can lead to excessive production of sebum, which clogs your pores and thus leads towards cystic pimples. Here is how you can eliminate acne from your jawline or chin:
- Take care of what you eat because your diet can have a direct impact on your acne. Let go of products high in carbs or dairy products and processed foods that lead to hormonal imbalances.
- Seek medical help from a dermatologist for effective gels or creams to treat acne.
- Aloe Vera and Tea Tree oil can be used to provide temporary relief.
Acne on Your Forehead and Nose
Getting acne on your forehead and nose? Acne face mapping tells us that there are different reasons for the appearance of acne in those areas. Your nose is quite different from the other areas of your face. It is oilier since there is an increased production of sebum, which leads towards clogged pores. Acne on the forehead can be due to stress, digestive issues or irregular sleeping patterns. Here is how you can effectively get rid of acne on your nose and forehead:
- Cut down on your sugar intake and avoid consuming processed foods.
- Increase your intake of green tea and take plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated and fresh.
- Keep your T-zone oil-free and gently cleanse the area using mild cleansers.
- If you feel you are overly stressed, take a break from your routine and meditate.
- Improve your sleeping patterns – aim for at least 8 hours a day!
Acne Above the Eyebrows
Have you ever felt curious about why you have acne above your eyebrows, which is kind of rare? Well, it can mean that your immune system is not at its best. When your immune system is not functioning optimally, acne can occur in this area – so, don’t be surprised if you fall ill! Here is what you can do when this type of acne occurs:
- Increase your intake of water to flush out all the toxins from your body.
- Don’t ever sleep in your makeup! Use makeup removing wipes or cleansers before going to bed.
- Don’t go for waxing, threading or tweezing when you are facing a breakout.
Our Favorite Acne-Fighting Skincare Products
Now that you have ample knowledge of acne face mapping, here are some of the best products we have come across for treating acne:
Suffering from excessively oily skin and nothing is helping you get rid of those clogged pores? Get your hands on this amazing 20-minute rescue mask that will remove excess oil and suck out all the impurities from your skin, leaving it feeling fresh, clean and hydrated. You are bound to notice immediate results with the first use!
Your wait for glowing skin is finally over with this exfoliating toner! It gives you brilliant results, as it efficiently tightens your pores, improves your skin texture and reduces any fine lines or wrinkles. The salicylic acid present in this toner will renew the surface of your skin and get rid of any dead skin cells, thus keeping your pores dirt-free.
If you have studied this interesting acne face mapping guide and are still not sure what kind of acne you have, don’t worry because a viable solution for all sorts of acne is now in your reach! Apply this product containing Sulfur, Salicylic Acid, and Zinc Oxide with the help of a Q-tip and let it stay overnight on your face and see incredible results in the morning, as these ingredients effectively fight and dry up acne.
Searching for a lightweight cleanser that will solve all your skin problems? Try this energizing and revitalizing face wash that promotes cell regeneration and delivers essential vitamins to your skin, protecting it from acne outbreaks.
A fast-acting transformation oil that will boost the texture of your skin overnight? Yes, this miraculous product does exist and it works wonders on your skin! It hydrates and nourishes dry and sensitive skin and delivers nutrients and antioxidants that will reduce the appearance of pimples and blemishes – leaving you with a smoother and brighter complexion overnight!
Now that you have this acne face mapping guide with you, nothing can keep you from winning this battle against those pesky breakouts! Whenever you see those pimples popping up next time, get to work immediately and resourcefully fight off acne to get your blemish-free skin back!
Has acne face mapping helped you in getting rid of those pesky breakouts?